Re: [CQ-Contest] Club/Group competition 275 km radius in CQ Contest (pet

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Club/Group competition 275 km radius in CQ Contest (petition for change).
From: Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 22:08:05 -0600
I am in favor of getting more people involved not less.  Back to online
gaming for a second, groups are formed all over the US and across the
world adding like minded folks over time.

I honestly do not know the CQ rules on the issue and have not had time
to read them.  I know the Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado have a heck
of a time attempting to include everyone from both sides of Colorado and
southern Wyoming.  I would be nice to be able to include everyone that
wants to be included.

If everyone ended up joining the Super contesters of the world club then
we would have a problem as there would be no more competition.  The club
distance rules always favored the more populated areas found on either
US coast.    I never quite understood why scoring wasn't done on the top
X number of scores received for each club under each category.

Should there be a way for All XE hams to contribute to an XE score?  I
think so.  Maybe there could be a Central American contest club?  West
of the Mississippi club, etc.

Years ago the club competition seemed to be much more interesting than
it is today.  Club scores are printed but not much is said about it anymore.

Maybe the club competition is more of a factor in other parts of the
world.  Is there still a huge rivalry between YCCC, PVRC and NCCC?  I
stay pretty active and club competition rarely is talked about.

Maybe the club competition needs to be revamped to make things much more
interesting on a world wide basis.