Re: [CQ-Contest] 275 km preliminary rule suggestion

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 275 km preliminary rule suggestion
From: "N7mal" <n7mal@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 08:05:01 -0000
I'm following this discussion with great interest. As I've already said I am
out of the 275km circle along with 4 other guys in the Arizona Outlaws
Contest Club.
I would like to propose the following modification to CQ's rules. This is
just a starting point and can easily be refined and tweaked.
For the U.S. and Canada the boundary would be defined by the boundary of the
state or province. For example anyone in the State of Arizona would be
eligible as an Arizona contest club entry. Anyone within the boundary of
Ontario, in Canada, would be eligible as an Ontario contest club entry.
Internationally the anyone within the boundaries of the 'smaller' countries
would be eligible for contest club scores within the boundary of the smaller
country. The larger international countries boundaries could be defined by
either their call districts or their states/province. I don't exactly know
how to define smaller countries. The larger countries are obvious, i.e.
Russia, China, Australia, Brazil, etc. In my personal opinion population
density should never be considered, only borders.
As I've said this is just a starting point. It's up to minds smarter than
mine to make this into something workable. The 275km rule has outlived its
usefulness.

73

MAL
N7MAL