Re: [CQ-Contest] win-key ??

To: "Nate Bargmann" <n0nb@n0nb.us>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] win-key ??
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 17:47:54 -0000
This may be more than you need, but one of the wisest radio equipment
investments I've ever made is a "station controller".  My particular model
is the microKEYER-II made by microHAM, but there are others out there I
think.

This thing has an embedded K1EL keyer, an embedded high end sound card for
digital modes, an embedded DVK for voice contesting, embedded CAT/C-IV/etc
to interface your radio (of any brand) to contesting software, and some
other stuff I can't think of at the moment.

All this from a SINGLE USB port on your computer.  And an innovative (brand
specific) single cable (37-pin dsub) connection which fans out to the
appropriate connectors on the rear of your radio.

All the contesting and DXing software of my acquaintance seamlessly works
with this, and the beauty is that you no longer need "real COM1:" serial
ports and the supplied drivers obviate all the old "software interrupt
timing" issues.

Check it out.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--