[CQ-Contest] Is the ARRL DX Contest Broken

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Is the ARRL DX Contest Broken
From: "Doug Turnbull" <turnbull@net1.ie>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 20:19:59 +0100
Hi All,
    I operate from EI land and have a natural advantage in many contests in
that there are not so many EI contesters and of course I would even be
better off with a GD or GJ call sign.   Trouble is as one moves further
North in Europe the higher bands are more difficult for propagation.   You
operate from where you are doing the best you can and if you are at a
competitive disadvantage for one contest then you may be better placed for
another.   I am sure that Wyoming is a more sought after state than
Washington for ARRL and more sought after than NY for that matter.

     The analysis is interesting but for me things are good enough as is.
One can always go on 160M and work the Stew Perry.   I suspect that the W7s
have some advantage for the All Asia contests.   Sorry if this tramples on
toes, it is only my humble feeling.   Life is good and radio is a great
hobby.

                            73 Doug EI2CN