Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl correction factor

To: nq4i@contesting.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl correction factor
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 00:08:32 EDT
You  are closing in on a good idea on how to score DX contests, though  I'd
prefer to whittle the spread down to about a 3:1 ratio.

Unfortunately you are talking about the wrong DX contest. Distance scoring
along those lines would make far more sense in CQWW, where a 5B4 presently
gets 3 points for working an Italian or Ukraine a thousand miles away, but
one  point for working a JA 6000 miles away.

73  -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 6/29/2011 7:34:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,