Re: [CQ-Contest] - I have cheated

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] - I have cheated
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:41:14 -0000
Great analogy Tod!

To follow it one step more.  The people who wish everyone drove 75 mph are
happy to see the police on the roads and writing speeding tickets.  We all
know that when the police are active and visible, everyone follows the rules
more closely.

The people who like to drive fast would like not to see any police at all.
They know they are breaking the rules and accept it as a risk if they are
caught.  Or they try to deny it to the officer and talk their way out of the
ticket.

The Contest Committees have many different priorities. The bigger contests
are now starting to get better radar detectors and cameras.  Will the
cheaters feel the risk/reward and change their behavior?

Randy, K5ZD