Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: [RRDXA] E73M - I have cheated

To: "Don Field" <don.field@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: [RRDXA] E73M - I have cheated
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 23:32:36 -0400
I agree with Don on QRP and low power.  Running the CQ 160 Contest for 16
years plus helping Don for 8 more I can tell you cheating does go on.  I
remember the VE5 who said 100 watts was QRP on 160.

Don N4IN was not in favor of adding QRP or Low power to the contests and I
had second thoughts after a station in the US 3rd call area
actually ran stations while claiming QRP.  I tried QRP one year and after
several hours of almost nothing I switched to Low power.  Neither allowed me
to run the contest like with my big 8877 amp.

99.9% of the contesters are honest but it takes just one or two to sour you
on QRP and Low Power entries.

Dave K4JRB