Re: [CQ-Contest] radio-sport.net web site or copy and paste journalism

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] radio-sport.net web site or copy and paste journalism
From: "wally" <wally@el-soft.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 18:16:45 +0300
Kelly,

When one is accusing us in front of the world by making insulting comments
like - "you are well known call around the world and you have cheated", we
THINK we NEED to defend ourselves !

As I wrote, if it was just about the text published by CQ WW CC it is fully
OK with us. For everyone who knows who's who in today ham radio contesting it
is crystal clear that inclusion of LZ9W call in this list of stations was
done by mistake.

But without checking things in detail, to use CQ WW CC text as an information
source to make accusations that LZ9W are cheaters is NOT acceptable by any
journalism standards. If Jamie really has known our call so well as he stated
in his own comments and if he really knows who are big M/M contest stations
outside USA then he would never have made the comments like the ones he made.

And trying to present later the situation like I am complaining about the
writing of CQ WW CC instead of admitting his own mistake has nothing to do
with a professionalism either.

That is my last writing on this matter.

See you all in next contest :-).

73, Wally

Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net> wrote:
> Even if someone has made an error, does that mean we throw civility to the
w> ind and call him a complete joke?

> Let those without sin cast the first stone.
>
> 73,
> Kelly
> ve4xt
>
> -- Listen to THE ROAD TRIP on CJOB every Saturday from 10:00 AM till 12
Noon>  Central Time. LIVE STREAMING AUDIO at CJOB.COM. Watch THE ROAD TRIP on
Shaw>  TV every Sunday on Shaw Winnipeg Channel 9. Follow us on Twitter:
@RoadTrip> CJOB