[CQ-Contest] Thursday running of the SNS - Warm Up for the Finale of the

To: "'CQ-contest@contesting.com'" <CQ-contest@contesting.com>, "'nccc-blue@kkn.net'" <nccc-blue@kkn.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Thursday running of the SNS - Warm Up for the Finale of the NSL
From: Chris Tate - N6WM <ctate@ewnetinc.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:59:56 -0700
****Announcing the NCCC's (Northern California Contest Club) weekly Thursday
night running of the SNS , The cw sprint for the rest of us! ****

 The SNS Has its own web site!

Check it at  http://www.ncccsprint.com/sns.html

Please wait just a split second on jump balls ("sprinter " talk for several
stations answering a CQ).  Please be aware of the fact that there are stations
just getting acclimated to sprinting, and can be easily intimidated so keep a
sharp friendly ear, and maybe let a station inheriting a frequency throw out a
cq prior to calling them.

Please keep your speed to between 18 to 26  WPM.  Stations running on the
higher side of this please QRS for some of the slower operators.  Remember we
are trying to welcome new sprinters to our ranks!

We will be preceding   the grand finale of  NSL  XII  (A fantastic warm up for
all, see notes from N6ZFO), with a 10 minute break prior.  The Slow Speed NS is
from  1900-1920 PDST Thursday night  ( 0200z to 0220z  UTC  Friday) lets keep
it strict  and the timing prescision, since the ladder competition is going on.
   Lets have some cw fun,  help the competitors of this event warm up and send
NSL XII with a bang.or a big  "Dah Dah Dit      Dit Da Dit Dit"

Expect some co-ordination with N6RO on the regular NS on fun and interesting
ways to keep Thursday night contesting interesting

Frequencies:
20 m      14037-14043
40 m      7040-7047
80 m      3537-3543
 its a bit early for 160, so lets not go there for now.

POWER: 100 watt limit.

If you don't hear a CQ, send a CQ and don't worry about the couplet since this
is only practice and hopefully an introduction to sprints for newbies.  I think
stations might answer a CQ more likely than call CQ themselves.  With that said
remember that newbies are listening to get up the nerve to jump in so don't
hesitate to make Q's.

The SNS, NS and NS Ladder and the NCCC/NS Net on 3610 immediately following at
0300 are all part of the "Thursday night contesting" experience sponsored by
the Northern California Contest Club!

Sites to help everyone for sprint contests.

NS home website is:
http://www.ncccsprint.com/
http://www.contesting.com/articles/198
http://n6tr.jzap.com/sprint.html

Need help with your logging software, macros, etc.? Feel free to drop me an
email and we will do our best to assist!

73 es GL  and above all, enjoy and have fun!

 more exciting changes to come in the near future!  We are working on it so
stay tuned!

Chris
N6WM
Contest Director, Slow NCCC Sprint
President, NCCC  2011-2012 Contest Season