Re: [CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED -- was: =>RE: Chea

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED -- was: =>RE: Cheating and bad journalism
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 09:55:26 -0700
That is simply not true.  For almost all contests (there may be one
exception where the rules simply outlaw CW Skimmer by name ... I don't
remember for sure) you can use CW Skimmer in "Blind" mode and it is
perfectly legal for unassisted operation.  You get a panadapter display
without callsign decoding, but with enough resolution that you can
actually decode the signals visually if you train yourself to do so ...
also perfectly legal for unassisted operation.

73,
Dave   AB7E