[CQ-Contest] encourgaing more entrants in CQWW (was CHECK LOGS)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] encourgaing more entrants in CQWW (was CHECK LOGS)
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:07:31 +0000 (GMT)
It is great to see interest in creating more entrants in the CQWW contests...
THANKS for the input!

Just as an FYI, here is some data for 2011 SSB (so far).  These are e-logs,
which means that paper
logs are not yet included in the analysis below.  I did this in Excel, so I
hope the columns come out
reasonably close to being legible reformatting to this "typewriter" format
(OK, DOS or character-based format).

duration                            Pct of all logs              Count
?                                               0.9%                    63
< 1 hr                                        6.1%                   430
1 - 9.9 hours                             47.5%                  3357
10 - 23.9 hours                          32.1%                  2270
24 - 35.9 hours                           7.5%                    533
36 - 39.9 hours                           2.0%                    138
40 - 43.9 hours                           1.5%                    108
44+ hours                                  2.3%                    164

So out of these 7000+ logs, so far, 1663 will qualify for an award.  Not "be
eligible," but actually get
an award.  Pretty good odds and clearly far beyond the "boundaries" of "operate
at least 24 hours!"
In fact 1163 of the 1663 will go to entrants with less than 24 hours (yes, that
includes all categories
of entry).

Hope you find this informative, if not interesting.

de Doug KR2Q
PS  There is nothing "special" about these categories, I just made them up.