Re: [CQ-Contest] encourgaing more entrants in CQWW (was CHECK LOGS)

To: VE5ZX <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] encourgaing more entrants in CQWW (was CHECK LOGS)
From: Jack Haverty <jack@3kitty.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 15:08:26 -0800
On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 6:16 AM, VE5ZX <ve5zx@hotmail.com> wrote:

> You may find this article "The 24 Hour Dx Challenge" and the accompany
> survey on contesting.com
> http://www.contesting.com/articles/401

Syl - thanks, very interesting survey and comments!  Thanks for the pointer.

I think that survey data and comments, although valid, probably don't
reflect the views or predict the behavior of all those people who don't
currently submit logs or don't participate at all - who are probably not
involved enough to do the survey either.   I wonder if the surveys recorded
callsigns of respondents - how many of them have not submitted logs in the
prior year or so...?

If the goal is to entice more people to participate and submit logs, a
survey of people who don't now participate would be useful - but of course
not easy to carry out.   IMHO, it's almost a sure bet that they would be in
the "increase participation" category.

I started contesting about 2 years ago.  What happened back in 2003?  Was
there ever a CWC?

73,
/Jack