Re: [CQ-Contest] RV: Country File errata from CQWW 2011 CW

To: "'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RV: Country File errata from CQWW 2011 CW
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:47:51 -0500
I think the important point is that we copy what was sent.  If the sending
station has made an error, or what appears to be one, and it is a consistent
one, note it in the comments when you send in your log...

For example, "T2V sent Zone 32, aren't they supposed to be in Zone 31?  But
that's what they sent!"

...and let the contest committee worry about the scoring.  We're human,
honest mistakes happen, and the innocent bystander (in this case the
receiving station) should not be penalized for doing exactly what they are
supposed to do -- copy what was sent.

Now, if a given contest committee scores a given contest based on what
SHOULD HAVE been sent, and not on WHAT WAS sent in the exchange, then I have
a real concern or problem.  But that's a different issue than the one over
what happened with T2V.

73, ron w3wn