Re: [CQ-Contest] Big jump in qrz.com lookups after 10m contest

To: w2up@comcast.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Big jump in qrz.com lookups after 10m contest
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:48:06 -0500 (EST)
My guess:

   a)  Not necessarily autofill, but maybe  just the difference between the
second call area and Colorado.

After I operated SSB SS from WCF (thanks again, George/K5KG!) I got two
emails asking if I was really in Florida. These were both obviously  from
beginners.  (One said it was his first contest ever). Rather than  chew them
out
for not copying what I sent, etc., I told them yes, I was in FL, I  hope
you had fun, and I hope you'll do it again.

and/or

   d)  In every phone contest I get a few "Thank You  James"  (or "Thank
You Thomas" when I'm operating at K8AZ). Do some logging  programs (not normal
contest logging programs) check every qso with the QRZ  data base?

73  -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 12/15/2011 11:59:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,