Re: [CQ-Contest] Big jump in qrz.com lookups after 10m contest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Big jump in qrz.com lookups after 10m contest
From: Mike Tessmer <mtessmer@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 20:59:05 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
>   d)  In every phone contest I get a few "Thank You  James"  (or "Thank
>You Thomas" when I'm operating at K8AZ). Do some logging  programs (not normal
>contest logging programs) check every qso with the QRZ  data base?

Yes....many, and possibly all, popular general logging programs have a look-up
feature that can be set to automatically query QRZ.COM or other online call
databases each time a QSO is entered.

While it's all too common on this list to assume the worst case scenario, it's
likely nothing more than Joe Casual working guys in the contest and logging the
QSOs in his logging program.  There were likely a lot of Joe Casuals working
guys on 10m last weekend.

73, Mike K9NW