Re: [CQ-Contest] Is QSL Bureau pertinent in today HAM Radio

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is QSL Bureau pertinent in today HAM Radio
From: Ktfrog007@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:58:04 -0400 (EDT)

Generally, all I want is a confirmation of some type that I  can use for
awards.  I think everyone should upload to both eQSL and  LoTW.  This would
solve most QSLing problems.  Contesters particularly  should QSL everything by
eQSL and LoTW as part of the log submittal  process.

Dxpeditions should use OQRS and direct/SAE/IRC/$$.  I  have no problem with
them encouraging contributions.   These trips are  expensive and we should
all pitch in to help.  After a reasonable length of  time they should upload
their logs to eQSL and LoTW.  At that time, if they  want to, they could do
bureau QSLing for received cards.

Most bureau QSLs I receive are from Europe and from common  countries.  I
like to receive them and reply 100% using Global QSL, but  eQSL and LoTW
would serve just as well.  For eQSL people should design nice  cards and not
use
the default eQSL designs.  Ideally we should all have  unique cards which
reflect our QTH, personality or interests.  Anything to  make us stand out in
an increasingly homogenized world.

I initiate some outgoing bureau QSLs for various  reasons.

In the above context, the bureau would still be used, but at a  much
smaller volume than in the past.

Electronic QSLing has greatly affected the way I QSL and  much for the
better.  Not only do I save trees, but I save  money.

73,
Kermit, AB1J

In a message dated 3/28/2012 3:21:23 A.M. GMT Standard Time,