Re: [CQ-Contest] Is QSL Bureau pertinent in today HAM Radio

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is QSL Bureau pertinent in today HAM Radio
From: Jack/W6NF <vhfplus@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:59:51 -0700
On 3/29/2012 7:24 AM, Jim Preston wrote:
> Joe,
>
> Actually, a large number of stateside hams use it, as well as a pretty
> good number of DX stations. As far as stateside QSL's (the focus of your
> original post), there is no problem making WAS with LOTW. I recently got
> my WAS Triple-Play certificate, and I only need four QSO's on 80 meters
> for 5 Band WAS. All the rest are confirmed on LOTW. So it definitely
> isn't true that not enough people use it.
>
> Granted, so far LOTW is only good for DXCC and WAS. However, it will
> work for WPX soon, and probably other CQ awards in the future.
>
> 73,
>
> Jim N6VH

Actually, it's not as much of  a chip shot as you  might believe. I can
name 3 states that are difficult and from which I, or my XYL, have no
confirmations on LoTW on certain bands, despite multiple QSOs for each
state.

The worst is WV...multiple QSOs on 160 and 15 meters, many with a very
active contest station, but no confirmation. Likewise ND on 15, again
with multiple QSOs. My XYL has multiple SC QSOs but has yet to get a
confirmation even for the basic award. SC was also one of the last
states for me on the basic award. DE was also a very late confirmation.

Yes, I do have paper QSLs for these QSOs but I would still like to have
them filled in on LoTW to help complete the Triple-Play. Yeah paper QSLs :>)

Jack, W6NF
Shelley, K7MKL
Silver Springs, NV
DM09ji