Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

To: Christian Schneider <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:34:56 -0400
I don't think so.  I think Toni has misinterpreted DXCC rule 9, which reads:

9. All stations must be contacted from the same DXCC entity. The
location of any station shall be defined as the location of the
transmitter. For the purposes of this award, remote operating points
must be located within the same DXCC entity as the transmitter and receiver.

As I read it, this means that his remote-controlled QSOs will not count
for *his* DXCC totals from the Azores.  Rule 9 bars claiming DXCC credit
for QSOs made from a remote control point outside *the claimant's* DXCC
entity, but that only affects Toni's ability to claim them, not that of
the stations he worked.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,