[CQ-Contest] Remote contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Remote contesting
From: Mark Luhrman <w4svo@att.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 13:44:22 -0700 (PDT)
I have been reading all the opinions for the last two days. So here is what my
opinion is: 1) If the guy operates remote, more power to him. (Must be more
complicated, and I am a contestor) 2) If he actually goes to the remote station
and operates physically from there, is he still not using all the same ants,
radios, etc. So if he works 4000  Q's remote, he probably would work more if he
was physically there, due the fact his internet connection could lag some. So
what does it really matter. 3) He is not cheating as long as he claims high
power or low power, packet, etc. Cheating in contest has been going on for a
long time. I wish I was smart enough to figure out how to set up a remote
station. and lastly no.4) We all have opinions, and from my own experience in
life you can go back and forth and back and forth, and I doubt very much if you
are going to change somebody else's way of thinking. Only that person has to
decide for themselves  if they want to change. When I was in a bad place in my
life many people tried to change me with their opinions, but until I wanted to
change my way of thinking, I had to to do it. And that is just my opinion,
which
probably will not change someone else to think my way!