Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:15:50 -0700

Paul, you've flogged this topic to death so many times and still always
miss the point that the rest of us, as well as the various contest and
awards sponsors, don't really care about the link between the OPERATORS
... they only care about the link between the STATIONS.  You may not
like that, but that's the reality of the situation.  The funny thing is
that everyone, including you and including me, pretty much agrees that
"the path of relevance" is defined by what the RF is doing.  If I am
physically located in Arizona but operate a legally licensed remote
station in Aruba that makes a contact with a station in Germany everyone
agrees that the only allowable claim is for a contact between Aruba and
Germany.  Your insistence that the RF needs to extend to the operator is
purely arbitrary and without any foundation other than your own
emotional bias.

Dave   AB7E