Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

To: "'BP Veal'" <bryonveal@msn.com>, "'David Gilbert'" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests
From: "Ken Widelitz" <widelitz@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:20:15 -0700
"Where the RF emanates only makes conclusive sense on placing a station's
QTH for contests."

EXACTLY!!!

"we could clobber any W0 station in Colorado by operating a remote on the
east coast in most CQWW contests on most days with propagation."

Exactly, so what difference does it make to anybody if I fly to my station
in PEI, or telecommute?

I haven't remoted my PEI station yet, but I'm sure I'll do it in the future.

Jeez, if there are an additional handful of QSOs to be had, and better yet
multipliers, because someone telecommutes to their station vs. not operating
at all, that just makes the contest more fun for everybody.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT