Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests
From: Luc Moreira <py8azt@dxbrasil.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:52:15 -0300
Hi,

I don't care where Op is, since I believe He sign with call from where
the TX/RX are. So, I can turn antenna to where signals are coming
from, not to where his computer is.

We can keep kicking dead horses (Internet and Its apps) forever or we
can really face serious issues on contest nowadays: moral-lacking and
Power-excess. In Brazil, some big stations are getting very "beefy"
with illegal several-KW power output turbocharged by big PAs. I bet
It's not only Brazil phenomena.

Until when will we keep this big elephant in the shack?

If is not possible to enforce power output, do not limit it on the
rules. So, who are playing by the rules didn't get penalized for do
that.

73, Luc
__
PW7T Team member
WRTC.2010 Brazilian Team Leader
PY8AZT (also PT7AG, R37U, ZY7C, PX8C, ZZ8Z)
LABRE, ARRL, CWJF & Fortaleza DX Group Member