Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

To: "David Gilbert" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests
From: BP Veal <bryonveal@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:12:10 -0600
Well, I agree with Paul.  First, what is the problem with coming up with a
separate category for this?  It cures all the objections over zones,
sections, DXCC QTH, etc.......especially if antenna locations define the
operator's location.  Where the RF emanates only makes conclusive sense on
placing a station's QTH for contests.

Second, assuming we all have the same operating equipment and skill, we
could clobber any W0 station in Colorado by operating a remote on the east
coast in most CQWW contests on most days with propagation.

Third, operating a radio via the internet, seems it would only make sense
that the remote station's antennas would identify the QTH in leveling out
the playing field.

73

Paul  N0AH