Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

To: Luc Moreira <py8azt@dxbrasil.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 22:54:39 +0400
Luc,

For sure excess power it is not a unique Brazilian problem. It exists
everywhere and the common approach from contest sponsors will make sure the
problem will remain forever unless new technologies are used. Cheaters will
however always be one step ahead of the persons trying to crack down on
cheating.

The best way isperhaps to create a true Gentlemen Club in contesting.

Members will commit to full and unconditional compliance with the national
power regulations and all rules of the contest in question. From the start,
such a club will perhaps be small and only attract a limited part of
contesters, but I am sure it is the only way to go. Maybe we will never win
the contests, but we will sleep well during the night when we look at
awards and plaques on the wall - and those in the club who still manage to
qualify to WRTC, will there get their reward when competing on equal terms.

An example for technology that perhaps would be potentially interesting for
real time and online power monitoring can be found here:
http://www.sj2w.se/contest/?p=1628

I am not sure that the invention was intended particularly for this
purpose, but it hould be possible to use and send real time power data to
an internet-based server. All data might be changed of course on the way
from the power meter to the online database, but again... those who want to
succeed with doping will always be one step ahead.

73 de RA/SM6LRR, Mats