Re: [CQ-Contest] Do I need to operate assisted to figure out the calls

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Do I need to operate assisted to figure out the calls
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 23:56:00 +0100
On 30/07/2012 17:51, David Gilbert wrote:

> C'mon, Paul ... that's a totally broken segue.  We'd have the exact same
> problem if the world was blanketed with an amateur HF/VHF/UHF packet
> network that was entirely RF.  It's the reliance on being spotted that's
> the problem, not the medium used to transmit the spots.

OK - I'll rephrase it to cover amateur HF/VHF/UHF packet
RF-based networks.

   Non-identification is a natural and legitimate consequence
   of permitting the use of non-amateur comunications technologies
   and non-related amateur modes or frequencies in amateur radio
   contests.

Where "non-related" means modes or frequencies not corresponding
to the entry class.

73,
Paul EI5DI

"With the internet, everyone has the world at their fingertips."