Re: [CQ-Contest] Split operation in CQ WW CW

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Split operation in CQ WW CW
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 23:19:21 +0300
OK .. hei there ..

Engineers!
Scientists !

Optimize !

Case: a multiplier with a pileup in CQWW SSB 2012 .. any band 160-10.

My suggestion is to start thinking about a scenario the DX is buried
under a U.S. and European pileup, timing is a minute after the spot.
To clarify, let's assume the multiplier is far away from the US.
Like a 3B8 or some other SE African multiplier.
The DX has paid a lot to get there and has set up a good station.

What do you think is the best solution for the contest?

Option 1: DX quits and goes to beach.
Option 2: DX tries calling someone on the same frequency.
Option 3: DX starts S&P and never tries to resume running
Option 4: DX asks up 3
Option 5: DX asks up 5
Option 6: DX asks up and listens 3-7 up

..other option ?

Which is the best for the contest?
How about; which is the worst for the contest?

My choice is option 4.
He would use the least amount of spectrum, the part of the spectrum
would be uniform without unclarity adding holes and the rate with
operational capabilities would function .. so the DX could log
stations. Rate would depend largely on the behavior of the individuals
in the pileup.

Is this thinking far from truth?

73,
Jukka OH6LI