Re: [CQ-Contest] Bob Cox, K3EST, Retires as CQWW Contest Director

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Bob Cox, K3EST, Retires as CQWW Contest Director
From: Vladimir Umanets <ua9ba@mail.ru>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 19:25:44 +0400
The question is why he left so suddenly?

73s
Braco
E77DX /OE1EMS

It is one of the questions Braco. One other question I have about Bob's
retirement is why not one single CQWW CC member says something about it?
It looks more like a special forces operation rather than a normal change of
directors of the biggest amateur radio contests in the world. Why? Is everything
that bad in our hobby? Why Randy called it "the end of era"? What era Randy are
you talking about? Does that mean the new director will implement totaly new
policy and approaches? I like the way  CQWW has been developing into what it is
now.
I hope it will continue developing like before.

As to me Bob has deserved a Big thank you from us all contesters to say the
least.
May be at some critical points Bob didn't act accordingly, but we all make
mistakes,
even the Kings. TNX Bob for all your efforts you've put into making CQWW what
it is now!

 73's & GL, Willy UA9BA