[CQ-Contest] Headsets

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Headsets
From: "Bill Gaines" <ad8p@wcoil.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 16:38:32 -0400
I have a couple different Heil headsets. The one I like the best is the Pro Set
Quiet Phone. This particular product has a switch for in phase or out of phase
and another switch that quiets all the background noise in the shack. This
function also has a small but efficient amplifier in it which helps me hear
considerably better. This unit also comes with a boom microphone which is
convenient too. But here is my dilemma. Heil no longer makes this product and
depending on what is wrong when it is sent in for repairs, some of them cannot
be repaired as a Pro Set Quiet Phone and get repaired without the quiet phone
features and sent back. (Not without consultation I might add) Does any other
manufacturer make a headset with similar characteristics like the Pro Set Quiet
Phone? I really like these features.
Bill AD8P