Re: [CQ-Contest] Headsets

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Headsets
From: Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou@voyackey.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 09:26:47 +0900 (JST)
In article <223C21D93BC4493C8A693089DB46B4A5@BillPC>,
        "Bill Gaines" <ad8p@wcoil.com> wrote,
        on "Mon, 29 Oct 2012 16:38:32 -0400";

} I have a couple different Heil headsets. The one I like the best is the Pro
Set Quiet Phone. This particular product has a switch for in phase or out of
phase and another switch that quiets all the background noise in the shack.
This function also has a small but efficient amplifier in it which helps me
hear considerably better. This unit also comes with a boom microphone which is
convenient too. But here is my dilemma. Heil no longer makes this product and
depending on what is wrong when it is sent in for repairs, some of them cannot
be repaired as a Pro Set Quiet Phone and get repaired without the quiet phone
features and sent back. (Not without consultation I might add) Does any other
manufacturer make a headset with similar characteristics like the Pro Set Quiet
Phone? I really like these features.

I use BOSE QC15 and Heil HC-4/5(MB-1-4/5) attached on it.  It's not
difficult to attach it without any remodeling QC15.  The appearance
is not so bad and you will not feel handmade taste so much.  YMMV.
--
Katsuhiro "Don" Kondou, JH5GHM