Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW Status 2012-12-10

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW Status 2012-12-10
From: Ktfrog007@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:52:52 -0500 (EST)
I think LOTW is terminally overwhelmed unless it is seriously upgraded  and
some implementation problems are fixed.  Before the current  difficulties
it was becoming more popular than ever.  I would expect this  to continue,
especially since IRCs will soon no longer be sold here in the  US.

My last file that was incorporated into the database was uploaded on  Nov
26 (from the WW-CW) and loaded in on Nov 30.  I uploaded  files as far back
as Nov 11 that were never loaded in.  I think they  were lost, so I uploaded
them again but they never did appear.  Since Nov  26 I've uploaded four
files with no results.

It seems to me a big mistake was made when the WPX award was activated for
everyone.  This must result in a huge processing load for every upload,
which has to be checked against everyone else in the system.  WAS and  VUCC
accounts are activated by those who want them.  WPX is fairly  popular (I'm a
big user) but most probably are not interested.

I don't see how in the future other additional awards can  be handled like
the WPX.

73,
Kermit, AB1J

In a message dated 12/10/2012 3:21:48 P.M. Coordinated Universal Tim,