[CQ-Contest] LotW Status 2012-12-10

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] LotW Status 2012-12-10
From: "James Cain" <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:33:41 -0600
How about letting LotW participants opt out of LotW QSLs for dupes? How many
QSLs do I need (for example) for one station in Pennsylvania on 40 Meters CW? I
chose AA3B just as a WAS test case and checked him for my past two years of
operation from Wisconsin: 8 QSLs.

I chose LZ9W as a DXCC-based test case, 20 Meters CW since 2004: 15 QSLs.

I would be perfectly happy to have all my dupe QSLs (and the attendant QSOs)
purged from LotW. My 36000 LotW log entries since 2004 include only about 30 or
so non-contest contacts, so there are many thousands of dupes. I would not miss
them at all, I don't need them.

The only hang-up I can think of would be the "special" awards that last one
year. Surely a work-around could be found.

Respectfully suggested,

Jim Cain, K1TN
Licensed 51 years