Re: [CQ-Contest] Enough of this nonsense!!!

To: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Enough of this nonsense!!!
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 13:49:57 -0600
Art,
With all due respect, you're overreacting.

You've never had a computer freeze or crash while trying to respond to
someone? Never had an issue crop up just after a CQ (sneezing fit, RFI,
blown fuse)?

Ten seconds is not enough time to decide you can take over a frequency. If
it had been just an SO2R thing, he'd not have been gone for 30 seconds!
Guaranteed. SO2R doesn't work that way.

You simply didn't have enough information (you couldn't have) to form any
conclusions about why he didn't respond.

I've had situations myself where I've responded to someone (Stn1). Perhaps I
doubled with another station (Stn2), but while I'm listening to Stn1 try to
get through again, Stn2 calls again. I repeat the QRZ to Stn1, again,
perhaps doubling with Stn2. Then Stn2 starts calling CQ! That's liddish.

73, kelly
ve4xt