Re: [CQ-Contest] Answer to accept from "cheaters" and contest sponsors

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Answer to accept from "cheaters" and contest sponsors
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 20:02:39 -0700

I've written on the subject of cheating in ham radio several times before so I won't flog everyone here with the details, but suffice it to say that many studies have shown why and under which circumstances people are most likely to cheat ... and radiosport has ALL of them in spades. I don't think there is any reason on this earth why we should expect that hams represent a better class of people than the average human, and for many people (not just hams) cheating *is* the contest ... the thrill of trying to see if you can get away with it.

I'm not saying that we should let the rotten apples spoil things for the rest of us, but I flat out guarantee that there are more than just a few of them in our midst.

73,
Dave   AB7E