Re: [CQ-Contest] Have NCCC and PVRC ruined SS?

To: "Ken Widelitz" <widelitz@gte.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Have NCCC and PVRC ruined SS?
From: "Jim Jordan, K4QPL" <k4qpl@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 07:07:41 -0500
Very true. LACK of activity ruins contests. SS suffers from that to a considerable degree in that unlike many contests, you can't work the same station on another band. Makes for a very slow Sunday, but fun for the casuals who jump in then as "fresh meat".

In fairness to NCCC, and other clubs as well, I would think demographics gives PVRC an advantage. With our circle stretching from 3 of the 4 major population centers in NC through VA, parts of WVA, MDC, DE and a bit of PA, there is a huge population from which to draw contesters and logs when we push--which is what has been done. No matter where the NCCC guys put the center of their circle they're going to get either a lot of ocean or a lot of sparsely populated area, or both, on the sides.

Not that we intend to give up any ground....:-)

73,

Jim, K4QPL

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Widelitz" <widelitz@gte.net>