[CQ-Contest] Alternatives to the Cluib Circle was: Re: Have NCCC and PVR

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Alternatives to the Cluib Circle was: Re: Have NCCC and PVRC ruined SS?
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 10:58:20 -0500
This sort of brings back the question of whether club circles are still appropriate, or whether, with the computational tools we now have, something else might be substituted for greater fairness.

How about a maximum number of square miles, with a limit on the number of discrete sides to avoid gerrymandering? FL? CA?
Or maybe a maximum population captured within the "club area"?

Just thinkin'...

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,