Re: [CQ-Contest] Rules off the table ?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rules off the table ?
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 15:33:33 -0600
I missed something,

Where did someone say it was boring?

I do not remember reading where someone said it was boring.

if this was stated,  what was the reason for the thought of it being boring?

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 2/4/2013 1:02 PM, Edward Sawyer wrote:
I have never been a fan of SS so I don't have a dog in the fight on whether
the rules get changed or not.

However, it is pretty amusing to hear how many people want to "game the
system" with new, fresh, call signs to alleviate the Sunday doldrums but
then have others defend yearly how great a contest it is.  Can anyone else
mention a WRTC eligible contest that is so boring that this topic would even
get started?

There is a reason why the SS contests, both modes, are the laggards of the
unbelievable log submission growth that virtually every other major contest
has experienced.  I am glad the ones that love it, love it.  Good for them.
The ones playing games with call signs should either accept what it is or
find a different contest where such gimmicks (just to add fun and relieve
boredom) are not necessary.

I am sure others will disagree.

Ed  N1UR