Re: [CQ-Contest] Rules off the table ?

To: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rules off the table ?
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 11:24:19 -0500
Hmmm.

Anti-overstatement police on premises... evaluation warrant presented and
in order.

"That still looks like a horrible slog, to me."

Fact check:  Stations are on the air all Sunday SS.  Sunday described as
scanning and rescanning to find someone you haven't worked.  These
conditions on Sunday are well documented in historical material.  There is
a minor reference to usefulness of these circumstances when QRP wet noodle
antenna stations get clear space to call CQ and continue to be infrequently
heard over the band noise.  Examination of scores and commentary reveals
that top QRP stations have used similar language to describe Sunday.  There
is a general lack of anyone contesting the significant predominance of
already-worked stations on Sunday.

Definition check: "Slogged": -- to plod (one's way) perseveringly
especially against difficulty, as in "slogged through the snow."

Appropriate use check: "slogged through the already worked stations."
 Technical supervisor's note: Electronic slogging, but slogging nonetheless.

Expanded use check: "Horrible slog":  As the he slogs through the already
worked stations, he realizes that his chief competition in the section is
150 QSO's ahead and he can't find anyone new to work. Emotional clues in
historical references confirm emotional depth to reaction -- "horrible" in
this context constitutes simple use of common definition of horror.

Evaluation result: Stamped "Class AA Factual Description" by the
anti-similie, anti-metaphor, anti-overstatement police.

**Note: result reduced from AAA for unnecessary use of comma.

73 y'all, Guy