[CQ-Contest] Rules off the table ?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rules off the table ?
From: "Jeff Clarke" <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 21:40:36 -0500
> On 2/3/2013 2:32 PM, Jeff Clarke wrote:
>> Yes... A rich history of being dominated by stations with a
>> propagation advantage.

Oh, you mean places like your home state of Georgia, where W4AN won 10
years ago, and N4OO (ex-NA4BW) and N4PN continue to do very well ?

>>  If you live in one of those areas why would you
>> want it to change ?

73,
Steve, N2IC Yes Steve...  the propagation in Georgia is much better than when I
lived in Ohio. But I don’t think you could regularly win or place high in SS
from here like you could in NM/AZ.I sure love running the east coast/ mid-west
on 20 , 15 and sometimes 10 meters during many of the different contests. Could
never do that in Ohio. And that’s with simple wire antennas at my QTH.160 and
80 meters can sometimes be a struggle with all the mid-west/east coast stations
working each other. I usually lose out when those guys are calling each
other.It’s also is pretty cool being so close to the Caribbean. I have actually
have had CO stations call me on 160 after sunrise on a regular basis. Plus
stations like KV4FZ , FM5BH,FM5CD and whoever is in ZF2 are always really loud
here when people up north are struggling to hear them.  73, Jeff