Re: [CQ-Contest] Rules off the table ?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rules off the table ?
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 08:31:28 -0800
On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 02:32:43PM -0500, Jeff Clarke wrote:

> Yes... A rich history of being dominated by stations with a
> propagation advantage. If you live in one of those areas why would
> you want it to change ?

Is it easier to do well in the SS from one geographic area than another?
Sure. Is it easier to do well in SS if you happen to be one of the few
or only stations on from the section you are in, yes!. Same applies to
DX contests. And the rates are painfully slow in the DX contests from my
stations at certain times of the day. But I digress.

I am sure you will say I live in such an area - and that might be true but:

Here is the CW SS High Power top twenty 2011 in order of finish:
All of these stations made more than 1240 contacts in the 24 hour period

NM
MT
MAR
IA
PAC
WTX
NNJ
SD
LAX
NV
NTX
IN
BC
SCV
STX
EPA
STX
WWA
SDG
STX

Here is the CW SS Low Power top twenty 2011 in order of finish:
All of these stations made more than 960 contacts in the 24 hour period

MT
CO
MN
WI
LA
UT
NFL
WPZ
WWA
MN
DE
OR
MN
NH
WCF
OH
IN
SV
ORG
NTX

So it would seem to me that the geographic distribution is pretty good for top
scoring stations
on the CW weekend.

SSB high power 2011

MT