Re: [CQ-Contest] Sunday afternoon boredom is the wet blanket on SS (was

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sunday afternoon boredom is the wet blanket on SS (was Rules off the table ?)
From: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 12:13:13 -0800
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 4:26 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com> wrote:

Correct.  In fact, when I began SS in 1955, and for a long time after that,
> you got one point if the other station acknowledged your "message", and a
> second if he acknowledged yours

In my first Sweepstakes as a twelve-year-old, I remember bounding up the
stairs from the basement to tell my mother that I was going to be receiving
lots of QSL cards. People were sending QSL to acknowledge half a QSO. The
modern R, or TU, or E^E works a lot better and doesn't get young-squirt
hopes up.

Contest Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light