[CQ-Contest] Flex 5000 and SO2R

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Flex 5000 and SO2R
From: "Doug Scribner" <dscribner@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:10:46 -0500
I am considering replacing my IC-746Pro with a Flex-5000 for casual contesting
and Dxing. In doing research, I find a lot of info but most of it is from 2010
and earlier.

I currently run DxLab for general logging and N1MM for contests.

I am interested in dabbling in SO2R but would rather have all the equipment in
one box rather than adding a 2nd radio/interface to my current setup. I do not
run an amp but do have access to multiple antennas on 2 towers.

Is there anyone in this community running the Flex in this way and if so would
you please give me some Pros/Cons of this setup?

Thanks and 73

Doug - K1ZO