Re: [CQ-Contest] I see the future for ssb

To: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] I see the future for ssb
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 13:21:30 -0500
Luddite nonsense?  I don't think so.

We are slowly but surely removing the skill that was once required to do well
in a contest - both CW and SSB.  CW will be first since it is easier to do with
a computer.

Within a few years you will see this reflector filled with complaints of robot
stations providing extra QRM and/or beating individual efforts with an
efficient S&P system that uses Skimmer to facilitate working every station that
calls CQ.

As long as an antenna is required I will still have some interest.

73...Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPad