Re: [CQ-Contest] Two points for intra-NA QSOs in CQWW?

To: <k5zd@charter.net>, <w2lc@twcny.rr.com>, <CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Two points for intra-NA QSOs in CQWW?
From: "Shane Mattson-->K1ZR" <k1zr@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 15:25:12 -0400
K5ZD said:

"Another benefit of online logs is being able to see how the competition
did.  Or look at old logs to prepare for an upcoming operation."

This is especially useful to the newbie as they begin venturing into the
world of contesting.  When I got started in the sport in the early 90's I
used to sit down with a local big-gun and compare our logs after a major DX
contest.  Reviewing the contents of his log was mind boggling and provided
me with a basic platform that I continue to operate off of today.  Logs were
not public in those days so you had to ask someone for their log.  Being
able to review the contents of your local competitor's log won't guarantee a
larger score, however it will provide you with some insight as to what you
could try differently in the next contest.  I've been referencing K1DG and
K5ZD's logs for years....have I one a major yet?  Nope...  :-(

-Shane K1ZR