Re: [CQ-Contest] KILLING THE GOLDEN GOOSE

To: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KILLING THE GOLDEN GOOSE
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 07:49:11 -0500
I vote to add Paul, EI5DI,  to W2UP's list of those who know the answers.  I
agree with everything Paul says in his post.

There are serious contesters, CQ Hall of Famers, CQ Committee Members and
others who are PLEADING to not take away the rights already in place for the
minority who choose to enter in the assisted category and at the same time
PLEADING to not take away the rights of those in the majority who choose to
operate a RADIO contest without the use of the network of remote receivers
(RBN) to provide a computerized list of stations to work.

I have YET to see a single, passionate plea (well-reasoned or not), for the
good of the "sport" to force the huge majority into a category they currently
choose to not enter.

Opening up (I say rushing up) a YES or NO survey to every ham in the world so
we can "announce some new rules this summer" instead of taking the time to
survey just those who would actually be impacted would be like allowing the
world to vote in a USA governmental election.

Will the results be broken out into categories - those who have operated single
operator and those with assistance, those who get on to work a few stations to
build their country totals versus those who put in a serious effort to win an
award in Single Operator, etc?

Stan, K5GO