[CQ-Contest] Golden Goose - I just had to smile

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Golden Goose - I just had to smile
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 18:01:31 +0000 (GMT)
I have not read CQ-Contest in a while, so while I'm home with the flu, I did
some catching up.

Here is an old joke.  Please take the joke as an analogy and not as
anti-religious.

An old woman, who lives alone, finds that the weather has turned and that there
is a huge rain
storm closing in.

Soon the water around her house is ankle-deep.  Then a jeep drives up with the
local police
and they say, "It's going to be a major flood...get in."

The woman declines and says, "No, god will provide."

After several more hours, the water is now waist-deep and filling her house
with water.  Then
a motor boat stops by, manned by the State Police.  They say, "Lady, get into
the boat so
we can save you!"

The woman declines and says, "No, god will provide."

It keeps raining...hard.

The house is now flooded and the woman has climbed onto the roof of her house.
Then,
a National Guard helicopter flies over and the Guards yell down, "Lady, get
into the rescue
cage or you're doing to die."

The woman declines and says, "No, god will provide."

Soon the water is over her head and she drowns.

Walking through St. Peter's gate, she sees god.  She is confused and says, "Why
did you
let me die?

God says, "I sent you a jeep, a boat, and then a helicopter.  What more did you
want?

"So...where the analogy?

The CQ Survey was sent to 10,000 entrants.  If you submitted a log of decent
size, the
survey was pushed out to you.

The CQ Survey announcement (and link) was posted on the CQ-Contest reflector.

The CQ Survey announcement (and link) is posted on the CQWW.com page (under
BLOG).

[And no, I am not equating CQ with god.]

Seems sufficient to me....clearly not to others.

Finally, (end of analogy), this is a SURVEY, not a VOTE.  I did not read
anywhere that
the "results" would be binding.  Further, is the sky falling?  The survey is
open until the end
of the month.  Why are some assuming that they know the result, even before the
survey is
closed?  I'd like some of that a-priori knowledge, please.

Just relax.

de Doug KR2Q

PS
One more thing...please review this post from January
http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/cq-contest/2013-January/100907.html

Then read this, which was sent in reply
http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/cq-contest/2013-January/100913.html