[CQ-Contest] Extended Line Score - Hours Worked

To: Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Extended Line Score - Hours Worked
From: Ward Silver <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 20:02:48 -0500
By publishing the number of hours worked with the score, using whatever time-on
calculation the log-checkers feel is appropriate for that contest, it would be
straightforward for an interested third-party to calculate score/hr statistics.

Public, validated logs could also be parsed for all sorts of time-related stats:
- best first 24 hour score
- best second 24 hour score
- best N hour score
- fastest to N points
and so on.  It would be the equivalent of baseball's sabermetrics - what is the analog of
"slugging percentage"?

If the data was there and someone cared about the calculation, it would
probably be performed.  We might find an interesting way to compete that
doesn't require a new formal category.  Or we might decide that what we already
have is good enough and that more categories don't really change things.
Nevertheless, the impact on the contest sponsors, who have very limited
resources, would be minimal.

73, Ward N0AX