Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 16:26:46 -0600
All I can say to this response is WOW! Now we are being told what contests we should be operating in. Seriously?

Mike W0MU

On 4/4/2013 11:11 AM, Steve London wrote:
On 04/04/2013 10:23 AM, Tim Shoppa wrote:

Categories that encourage activating less common modes/bands (e.g. 160M
single-band category) are a very very good thing. These make sure that
there's always something to be worked even on the not-most-popular bands.

This is precisely why a 24 hour category should be 24 consecutive hours, not 24 randomly chosen hours.

I'm sorry, but if you have issues that might endanger your health by going 24 consecutive hours, then perhaps you would be well advised to stick with shorter contests, such as NAQP, CWT, Florida QSO Party, Sprint, or single-band efforts in major contests.

73,
Steve, N2IC