Re: [CQ-Contest] Red Card vs Yellow Card

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Red Card vs Yellow Card
From: "Yuri" <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 09:29:19 -0400
Braco,
I know about these cases.
As well, I know that Yellow and Red Cards were introduced as analogy to the real sports (soccer). In soccer, only the referee decides who gets yellow card and who gets red card. Players can't make such suggestion...
My understanding is that it depends on the level of the rule violation.
In any way, if we start to play this game, by default we agree to respect the referee's decision regardless...

There could be just a mistake, and there could be an intention.

So, I guess, 1 QSO made by the guest op and 16 QSOs fixed by team leader - that could make a difference in the decision made by contest adjudicators.
Again, I can only speculate. I don't know all the details.

In any case, it does not look good when someone publicly appeals against the referee decisions, and even worse - when someone publicly accuses WRTC winners in "rubber clocking" without even knowing all the details.

That's all I wanted to say about it.

Yuri VE3DZ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Braco OE1EMS" <oe1ems@emssolutions.at>