Re: [CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 09:57:47 -0600
It is the Worked ALL Prefixes contest. You should be rewarded for working Prefixes, not piling up QSO points by working EU all day and night on the low bands where it can be done from the East Coast to EU and EU to the east coast but from no where else.

Any changes need to be considered carefully as there can always be unintended consequences.

I can't believe how much flak Rick is taking for bringing up a topic. What is his motivation? Clearly he would like to see people rewarded for working prefixes. If I was an OP at a MM and worked my butt off and looked at the results to see a MS station with the same score solely from QSO points I would be a bit discouraged.

CQ-Contest is a discussion board. Lets discuss and drop all the personal barbs. If you are not interested in discussing contesting then why exactly do you subscribe? Do you go to a NASCAR race and complain about the noise too?

Mike W0MU