Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest] Busted Reversed Beacon Network spots

To: CQ CONTEST <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest] Busted Reversed Beacon Network spots
From: brian coyne <g4odv@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 12:49:41 +0100 (BST)
Mid Sunday evening I too was victim of a bad 'spot'.

Because
 it was so hard to get runs going this weekend it was more obvious than
usual whenever a spot had been posted somewhere. I work 'unassisted' so
wouldn't know the origin of the 'spot' but on that occasion there was a
sudden flurry of big guns whom I had already worked.

My policy
is to work dupes, after all it could have been my own error that caused
the first bust, and further, it is quicker overall to work them than
argue the toss. The callers really have no excuse though because I
identify after just about every qso, especially in a slow event as we
had this weekend.

After several of these dupes though I did call a
 halt and state qso b4, until then dupes had been well below 1% and this
 was getting silly. I do wonder how long those spots are stored in
different places as around 30 minutes later I had a weak usa stn who
obviously wasn't hearing me too well ask me to confirm my call was C4G
which I presume was the bad spot.,

73  Brian   C4Z / 5B4AIZ